Private Investigators (PI’s) are the most common type of detective. Possessing numerous skills, PI’s are used in all types of investigations. They help crack cases and aid law enforcement, find missing persons, prove infidelity, and uncover fraud for insurance companies. Investigators either work for somebody or are self-employed. Unlike most other detective types, you’re unlikely to work for the government, but you may work with them.
Here you can learn everything about PI’s – becoming one, training, to starting a business.
Private Investigator Articles
- Learn how to become A Private Investigator and more on a becoming a private detective.
- P.I. Books – Learn tips and tricks from the pros!
- Q &A with a real life PI | And Another One – Real life P.I.’s answer questions for an entertaining read.
- Private Investigator Salary – Not bad at all!
- Private Detective Training
- Starting a Detective Agency
- PI Magazine – Magazine and website dedicated to the profession of PI’s.
- PI Licensing info in the United States (more here)
- Bureau of Labor Information on Private Investigators – Lots of good information from the U.S. government!